REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the brake warning lamp indicator wire from the plastic reservoir low fluid level warning switch socket.
- With the engine OFF , push the brake pedal down to expel vacuum from the power brake booster.
- Disconnect and plug the brake tubes.
- Remove the wraparound clip and attaching nut from the master cylinder mounting stud.
- Remove the power brake booster-to-master cylinder nuts.
- Remove the brake master cylinder.
Before installing the brake master cylinder, check the distance from the outer end of the power brake booster pushrod to the front face of the power brake booster as follows:
- With the engine idling, gauge and adjust the pushrod length.
- A force of approximately 5 lbs. (22 N) supplied to the pushrod with the gauge will make sure that the pushrod is seated with the power brake booster.
- Position the brake master cylinder over the power brake booster pushrod and onto the two studs on the brake booster. Tighten attaching nuts to 18-26 ft. lbs. (25-35 Nm).
- Loosely connect the brake master cylinder tubes.
- Position the wraparound clip on the mounting stud. Install and tighten the retaining nut.
- Tighten the master cylinder attaching nuts to 11-15 ft. lbs. (15-20 Nm).
- Connect the fluid level indicator switch.
- Bleed the brake system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.