REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the constant control relay module, located on the driver's side of the engine compartment.
- Disconnect the cooling fan electrical harness.
- Remove the fan shroud mounting bolts.
- Slide the engine cooling fan assembly clear of the radiator tank hose connector and lift up past the radiator.
- Position the engine cooling fan on the radiator.
- Install the fan shroud mounting bolts and tighten to 89-106 inch lbs. (8-12 Nm).
- Connect the cooling fan electrical harness.
- Install the constant control relay module.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
The PCM determines when fan operation is required by monitoring coolant temperature, vehicle speed and air conditioning status. When operation is required, the PCM signals the Constant Control Relay Module (CCRM) to turn on fans to desired speed.