REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the transaxle.
- Remove the flywheel and the rear cover plate, if necessary.
- Using a sharp awl, punch one hole into the crankshaft rear oil seal metal surface between the seal lip and the cylinder block.
Use caution to avoid damaging the oil seal surface.
- Screw in the threaded end of crankshaft rear seal replacer (T88L-6701-A) or equivalent, then use the tool to remove the seal.
- Inspect the crankshaft seal area for any damage which may cause the seal to leak. If damage is evident, service or replace the crankshaft as necessary.
- Coat the crankshaft seal area and the lip with engine oil.
- Using a Rear Crankshaft Seal Replacer T88P-6701-A, or equivalent, install the seal. Tighten the bolts of the seal installer tool evenly so the seal is straight and seats without misalignment.
- Install the flywheel.
- Install the rear cover plate, if necessary.
- Install the transaxle.