REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
To prevent damage to the vehicle, two people should perform this procedure.
- Open and support the hood.
- Matchmark the hood hinges to the hood for installation reference.
- Note the spacing between the front fender and hood for alignment reference.
- Protect the body with a cover to prevent damage to the paint.
- Remove the bolt retaining each hood hinge to the hood.
Take care not to let the hood slip when bolts are removed.
- Remove the hood from the vehicle.
- Position the hood on the vehicle and hand tighten the retaining bolts.
- Align the matchmarks and tighten the hood retaining bolts to 97-115 inch lbs. (11-13 Nm).
- Carefully lower the hood to check for proper alignment.
- Readjust the hood alignment as necessary.
- The hood can be adjusted fore-and-aft and side-to-side by loosening the hood hinge retaining bolts. Reposition the hood as required and tighten the hood hinge retaining bolts to 97-115 inch lbs. (11-13 Nm).
- A 3.5-5.5mm clearance should be maintained between the hood and front fenders.
- To raise or lower the rear of the hood, loosen the hood hinge pivot nut. The pivot can now move up or down. Raise or lower the hood to obtain a flush fit at the rear of the hood with the front fenders. Tighten the pivot bolts to 16-25 ft. lbs. (22-34 Nm).