REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
To prevent damage to the vehicle, two people should perform this procedure.
- Open the liftgate.
- Remove the upper rear header molding.
- Support the liftgate in the open position.
- Disconnect the lift assemblies.
- Move the roof trim panel out of position and remove the nut attaching the hinge to the body.
- Label and disconnect the wiring harnesses going to the liftgate.
- Remove the retaining bolts from the liftgate hinge on each side of the liftgate.
- Remove the liftgate from the vehicle.
- Position the liftgate on the vehicle.
- Install the retaining bolts and hand-tighten.
- Connect the lift assemblies.
- Connect the wiring harnesses going to the liftgate.
- Install the nut attaching the hinge to the body.
- Move the roof trim panel into position.
- Install the upper rear header molding.
- Close the liftgate slowly and ensure alignment is within tolerance.
- Tighten the liftgate-to-hinge bolts to 71-89 inch lbs. (8-10 Nm).
- Tighten the body-to-hinge nuts to 14-19 ft. lbs. (19-26 Nm).
- Tighten the body-to-hinge bolts 19-25 ft. lbs. (26-35 Nm).
- The liftgate can be adjusted in or out and side-to-side by loosening the bolt and washer assemblies attaching the liftgate hinge to the roof trim panel.
- The liftgate can be adjusted up or down by loosening the bolts on the roof trim panel and moving the liftgate up or down.
Adjustment is minimal.
- The liftgate should be adjusted for even and parallel fit with the liftgate opening and surrounding sheet metal.