REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the upper intake manifold.
- Remove the spring lock coupling retaining clips form the fuel inlet and return fittings.
- Using the proper tool, disconnect and plug the fuel lines from the fuel charging assembly.
- Remove the four charging assembly retaining bolts.
- Carefully disconnect the charging assembly manifold from the fuel injectors and remove the assembly from the engine.
When installing the fuel charging assembly, pay special attention to proper O-ring seating to make sure no fuel leaks exist.
- Install fuel charging assembly and push down to make sure all fuel injector O-rings are fully seated in the cups and cylinder head pockets.
- Install retaining bolts and tighten to 71-97 inch lbs. (8-11 Nm).
- Connect spring lock couplings to fuel inlet and return fittings.
- Install the upper intake manifold.