REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Remove the upper intake manifold.
- Remove the fuel injection supply manifold.
- Carefully remove the fuel charging wiring harness connectors from the fuel injectors.
- Pull fuel injector body up while gently rocking fuel injector from side to side.
- Inspect fuel injector O-rings for signs of deterioration and replace as required.
never use silicone grease on fuel injectors.
- Lubricate O-rings with clean engine oil and install fuel injectors using a slight twisting motion.
- Install fuel injection supply manifold.
- Install the fuel charging wiring connectors.
- Install the upper intake manifold.
See Figure 5
- Disconnect the engine wiring harness from the injector.
This may require removing the upper intake manifold or other engine components.
- Measure the resistance of the injector by probing one terminal with the positive lead and the other injector terminal with the negative lead of a multimeter.
- Resistance should be between 11-18 ohms.
- If the resistance is not within specification, the fuel injector may be faulty.
- If resistance is within specification, install a noid light and check for injector pulse from the PCM while cranking the engine.
- If injector pulse is present check for proper fuel pressure.