REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
To gain access to the fuel pump, it is necessary to remove the fuel tank.
- Depressurize the fuel system and remove the fuel tank from the vehicle.
- Remove any dirt that has accumulated around the fuel pump module attaching flange, to prevent it from entering the tank during service.
- Turn the fuel pump module locking ring counterclockwise using a locking ring removal tool or a brass drift and remove the locking ring.
- Remove the fuel pump module.
- Remove the seal gasket and discard it.
- Put a light coating of grease on a new seal ring to hold it in place during assembly. Install it in fuel tank ring groove.
- Insert the fuel pump module into the fuel tank, then secure it in place with the locking ring. Tighten the ring until secure.
- Install the tank in the vehicle.
- Install a minimum of 10 gallons of fuel and check for leaks.
- Install a pressure gauge on the throttle body valve and turn the ignition ON for 3 seconds. Turn the key OFF , then repeat the key cycle five to ten times until the pressure gauge shows at least 30 psi.
- Check for fuel leaks at the fittings.
- Remove the pressure gauge.
- Start the engine and check for fuel leaks.