REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
When a lock cylinder is replaced, all door lock cylinder should be replaced in a set or have a qualified locksmith rekey the replacement door lock cylinder. This will eliminate carrying an extra key which will only fit one lock. If a key is to be replaced, the new key code number is stamped on a metal tag attached to the new key.
- Close the window.
- Remove the front door trim panel.
- Pull the watershield away from the door.
- Disconnect the front door latch control cylinder rod from the door lock retainer clip.
- Slide the door lock cylinder retainer away from the lock cylinder.
- Remove the lock cylinder from the vehicle.
- Insert the lock cylinder in the door and connect the lock cylinder retainer.
- Connect the front door latch control cylinder rod to the lock cylinder retainer.
- Install the watershield using gasket and trim adhesive. Cement the top and side edges of the watershield to the inner surface of the panel.
- Install the front door trim panel.