REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
If a twin post hoist is used, the vehicle must be supported on jackstands placed under the pads of the underbody, forward of the axle trailing arm bracket.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove the shock absorber-to-rear axle nut and disconnect the shock from the rear axle.
- Slowly lower the rear axle assembly with a jack until the rear spring can be removed.
- Remove the rear spring.
- Position the rear spring insulator on the rear axle assembly and press the insulator downward into place. Verify that the rear spring insulator is properly seated in the correct position.
- Slowly raise rear axle assembly with a jack and guide the upper rear spring insulator onto the upper spring seat on the underbody.
- Position the shock absorber on the lower rear axle assembly and install new nuts and bolts. Tighten to 50-68 ft. lbs. (68-92 Nm).
- Install the wheels.
- Lower the vehicle.