The evaporative canister requires no periodic servicing. However, a careful inspection of the canister and hoses should be made frequently. Replace damaged components as required.
The canister is located on the driver's side frame rail in the engine compartment.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the vapor hose from the canister.
- Remove the bolts retaining the canister.
- Lift the canister to disengage the tab on the back.
- Remove the canister from the engine compartment.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Tighten the canister retaining bolts to 17-20 ft. lbs. (22-28 Nm).