REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Remove the castle nut cotter pin and then remove the castle nut.
- Disconnect the tie rod ends front the steering knuckle with a Tie Rod End Remover (TOOL-3290-D) or equivalent, as illustrated.
- Loosen the tie rod locknut.
- Count the exact number of exposed threads on the tie rod ends and unscrew the tie rod end.
- Lubricate the tie rod threads and screw the tie rod ends into place so that the previously noted number of threads are visible with the locknut tightened to 35-46 ft. lbs. (47-63 Nm).
- Insert the tie rod ball joint stud into the steering knuckle and tighten the castle nut to 35-46 ft. lbs. (48-63 Nm). Install a new cotter pin.
- Install the front wheels.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check the wheel alignment.