Removal & Installation
- Remove the alternator from the vehicle, as previously described.
- Remove the four regulator attaching bolts.
Remove the regulator with the brush and terminal holder attached.
- Transfer the brush and terminal holder to the new regulator, as necessary.
- Push the brushes back into the holder and insert a thin wire or toothpick through the access hole in the regulator. This will keep the brushes retracted during installation.
- Install the regulator assembly. Tighten the attaching bolts to 20-30 inch lbs. (2-3 Nm).
- Remove the thin wire or toothpick from the access hole.
- Install the alternator on the vehicle.