Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
Remove the rear wheels.
NOTEThe rear axle will need to be supported when the shock absorbers are removed.
- Position an adjustable stand or jack under the rear axle.
- Remove the shock absorber-to-rear axle nut and disconnect the shock from the rear axle.
- Slowly lower the rear axle assembly until the rear spring can be removed.
Remove the rear spring.
- Position the rear spring insulator on the rear axle assembly and press the insulator downward into place. Verify rear spring insulator is properly seated into correct position.
- Slowly raise the rear axle assembly with a jack, and guide the upper rear spring insulator onto the upper spring seat on the underbody.
- Position the shock absorber on the lower rear axle assembly and install new nuts and bolts. Tighten to 50-68 ft. lbs. (68-92 Nm).
- Install the wheels.
- Lower the vehicle.