Removal & Installation
The throttle body for this engine is an integral part of the upper intake manifold and is not serviceable separately.3.8L Engine
- Remove the air cleaner outlet tube.
- Disconnect the accelerator cable.
- Label and disconnect the fuel charging wiring harness.
- Remove the accelerator cable bracket retaining bolts and position the bracket aside.
- Remove the throttle body retaining buts and two retaining bolts.
Remove the throttle body and discard the gasket.
NOTEPlace a rag over the throttle body opening in the intake manifold to prevent the entry of dirt while the throttle body is removed.
- Clean the gasket mating surfaces thoroughly.
Install the throttle body using a new gasket and tighten nuts and bolts to 90-122 inch lbs. (8-11 Nm) in the illustrated sequence.
- Install accelerator cable bracket. Tighten bolts to 90-122 inch lbs. (8-11 Nm).
- Connect the fuel charging wiring harness.
- Connect the accelerator cable.
- Install the air cleaner outlet tube.