Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the upper and lower steering column shrouds.
- Remove the two self-tapping screws retaining the multifunction switch to the steering column tube.
- Remove the multifunction switch.
Label and disconnect the electrical harnesses.
- Connect the electrical harnesses.
- Align the multifunction switch mounting holes with the corresponding holes in the steering column tube casting. Install the two self-tapping screws, making sure to start screws in the previously tapped holes. Tighten the screws to 17-26 ft. lbs. (2-3 Nm).
- Install the upper and lower steering column shrouds. Tighten the screws to 7-9 inch lbs. (0.7-1.1 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.