Disconnect the negative battery cable.
CAUTIONNever remove the radiator cap when the engine is HOT. Serious personal injury can result.
- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
- Remove the upper radiator hose at the thermostat housing.
- Remove the thermostat housing from the engine.
Remove the thermostat from the housing with a counterclockwise twist.
- Clean all gasket mating surfaces thoroughly.
- Install the thermostat in the housing and rotate clockwise to lock into place.
- Using a new gasket, install the housing and tighten the bolts to 96-120 inch lbs. (10-14 Nm) on the 3.0L engine, or 72-96 inch lbs. (8-10 Nm) on the 3.8L engine.
- Install the upper radiator hose.
- Fill and bleed the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
Check and adjust the coolant level once the engine has cooled.