Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEBolts 1, 2, 3 and 10 are for the front cover and are not removed for this procedure.
Negative battery cable
- Clean the gasket surfaces on the water pump and front cover. Lightly oil all bolt and stud threads, except those requiring special sealant.
- Position a new water pump housing gasket on the water pump sealing surface using gasket sealant to hold the gasket in place.
- With the water pump pulley and retaining bolts loosely installed on the water pump, align the water pump-to-engine front cover, then install the retaining bolts.
Tighten the bolts to the following specifications:
Bolt numbers 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9: 15-22 ft. lbs. (20-30 Nm)
- Hand-tighten the water pump pulley retaining bolts.
- Install the automatic belt tensioner assembly. Tighten the 2 retaining nuts and bolt to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm).
- Install the alternator and power steering belts. Final tighten the water pump pulley retaining bolts to 15-22 ft. lbs. (20-30 Nm).
- Position the hose clamps between the alignment marks on both ends of the hose, then slide the hose on the connection. Tighten the hose clamps to 20-30 inch lbs. (2.3-3.4 Nm).
- Fill and bleed the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.