Suzuki Forenza 2007-2008
Suzuki Reno 2007-2008
When performing service on or around the air bag system components or wiring, disable the air bag system. Failure to follow the procedures could result in possible deployment, personal injury or unneeded system repairs.
SDM (Sensing and Diagnosis Module) are located under the center console assembly. Avoid strong impact with assembly hammer or other tools when repairing the front side frame and the lower part of the dashboard. Do not apply heat to these areas with a gas burner, etc.
SRS harness is located under the lower part of the dashboard below the dashboard panel. (SRS harness is covered with a yellow corrugated tube.) Care should be taken not to damage the harness when preparing this area.
Do not apply heat of more than 176 °F (80 °C) when drying painted surfaces anywhere around the locations or SRS parts.
If strong impact of high temperature needs to be applied to the areas around the locations of SRS parts, remove the part before performing repair work.
If any of the SRS related parts is damaged or deformed, be sure to replace it.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the steering wheel so the wheels are pointing straight ahead.
- Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position and remove the key.
- Remove the AIR BAG-F1 fuse from the instrument panel (I/P) fuse block located at the end of the instrument panel on the driver side.
- Wait more than 1 minute for SRS/SIR capacitor to discharge.