Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve.
- Remove the EGR valve retaining bolts.
Remove the EGR valve from the Electronic Ignition (EI) system ignition coil adapter.
- Clean the EI system ignition coil adapter mating surface.
- Install a new EGR valve gasket.
- Install the EGR valve with the bolts.
- Tighten the exhaust gas recirculation valve retaining bolts to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum hose to the EGR valve.
- Connect the negative battery cable.