- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Discharge and recover the refrigerant.
- Remove the discharge hose mounting nut.
Lift the discharge hose mounting block and the suction hose from the compressor.
- Raise and suitably support the vehicle.
- Remove the engine under cover.
- Remove the accessory drive belt
- Disconnect the electrical connector at the compressor.
- Remove the compressor bolts and nuts.
- Remove the compressor.
Drain the oil from the compressor into a container. Measure the amount of the oil that is drained. Then discard the used oil.
- Add oil to the new compressor. Use the exact amount of oil that you drained from the old compressor.
- Install the compressor.
- Install the compressor mounting bolts and nuts.
- Tighten the compressor mounting bolts and nuts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm)
- Install new sealing washers to the suction hose and the discharge hose mounting.
- Connect the electrical connector at the compressor.
- Install the accessory drive belt.
- Install the engine under cover.
- Lower the vehicle
- Place the suction hose into its cavity in the compressor and install the discharge hose mounting block to clamp it into place. Hold this all together while tightening the retaining nut.
- Tighten the refrigerant discharge hose block-to-compressor retaining nut to 24 ft. lbs. (33 Nm)
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Evacuate and recharge the A/C system.