- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the center molding.
- Disconnect the mode control cable from the mode door.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors
- Disconnect the temperature control cable by gently prying the cable eyelet from the post on the controller. Unsnap the cable housing from the mechanical slide. Note the location of the cable and the housing for ease of installation.
Pull out the center molding.
- Remove the four controller retaining screws.
Remove the control assembly from the center molding.
- Install the control assembly with the retaining screws to the center molding.
- Tighten the controller retaining screws to 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm)
- Press the cable end eyelet onto the post on the controller.
- Attach the mechanical cable housing to its original control position.
- Connect the electrical connectors to the sockets on the back of the controller.
- Gently insert the center molding into position on the instrument panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Confirm the proper operation of the controller by moving it through all of the controller's possible functioning positions.
NOTEBecause the cable and the cable housings have fixed lengths, it is impossible to make a temperature cable adjustment. If a malfunction is suspected, verify the proper operation of the controller and the mechanical doors for the heater/air distributor case assembly.