Removal & Installation
Tools required. KM-470-B Angular Torque Gauge.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the Manifold Air Temperature (MAT) sensor connector.
- Disconnect the air cleaner outlet hose from the throttle body.
- Disconnect the breather tube from the camshaft cover.
- Remove the air cleaner housing bolts.
- Remove the air cleaner housing.
- Remove the right front wheel.
- Remove the right front wheel well splash shield.
- Remove the serpentine drive belt.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley bolts and the crankshaft pulley.
- Remove the right engine mount bracket.
- Remove the front timing belt cover bolts.
- Remove the front timing belt cover.
Using the crankshaft gear bolt, rotate the crankshaft clockwise until the timing mark on the crankshaft gear is aligned with the notch at the bottom of the rear timing belt cover.