Removal & Installation
- Raise and suitably support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the caulking nut from the axle shaft.
- Remove the brake caliper from the rotor. Support the caliper so it does not hang from the hydraulic brake hose.
- Remove the outer tie rod from the knuckle assembly.
On vehicles equipped with the antilock braking system, disconnect the speed sensor electrical connection from the knuckle.
Remove the ball joint pinch bolt and the nut.
- Separate the knuckle from the ball joint using the ball joint remover KM-507-B.
Remove the nuts from the bolts that connect the knuckle assembly to the strut assembly.
- Support the drive axle.
- Separate the drive axle shaft from the wheel hub.
- Remove the bolts that connect the knuckle assembly to the strut assembly.
Remove the knuckle assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the knuckle assembly onto the vehicle.
- Install the steering knuckle-to-strut assembly nuts.
- Tighten the steering knuckle-to-strut assembly nuts to 89 ft. lbs. (120 Nm).
- Connect the drive axle to the front wheel hub.
- Connect the ball joint to the knuckle assembly.
- Install the ball joint pinch bolt and the nut.
- Tighten the ball joint pinch bolt nut to 44 ft. lbs. (60 Nm).
- Connect the ABS speed sensor electrical connection.
- Connect the outer tie rod to the knuckle assembly.
- Install the brake caliper onto the rotor.
- Install the caulking nut onto the axle shaft.
- Tighten the drive axle-to-hub caulking nut to 221 ft. lbs. (300 Nm).
- Install the wheel.
- Lower the vehicle.