- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Install an engine support fixture.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Battery from the vehicle
Support transaxle with a transmission jack.
Seven transaxle lower retaining bolts
- Support transaxle with a transmission jack.
Install the transaxle assembly. Use care when inserting the input shaft into the clutch assembly. If the spline on the input shaft does not align with the clutch assembly spline, turn the crankshaft slightly to aid in spline alignment.
Install the seven transaxle lower retaining bolts and tighten to the following torque values:
Lower retaining bolts -a- : 54 ft. lbs. (73 Nm)
Install or connect the following:
Three transaxle upper retaining bolts and tighten to 54 ft. lbs. (73 Nm)
- Remove the engine support fixture.
- Connect the positive battery cable first.
- Connect the negative battery cable second.
- Inspect the fluid level in the transaxle and add, if necessary.
- Check the function of the engine, clutch and transaxle.