Suzuki Forenza 2007
Suzuki Reno 2007
|Year||Engine ID/VIN||Engine Displacement Liters||Cylinder Head Bolts||Main Bearing Bolts||Rod Bearing Bolts||Crankshaft Damper Bolts||Flywheel Bolts||Manifold||Spark Plugs||Oil Pan Drain Plug|
Main Bearing Torque Sequence
- Mark the order of the crankshaft bearing caps.
- Remove the crankshaft bearing cap bolts.
- Remove the crankshaft bearing caps and the lower crankshaft bearings.
- Remove the crankshaft.
- Clean the parts, as needed.
- Coat the crankshaft bearings with engine oil.
- If replacing the crankshaft, transfer the pulse pickup sensor disc to the new crankshaft.
- Install the crankshaft.
- Install the lower crankshaft bearings in the bearing caps.
- Inspect the crankshaft end play with the crankshaft bearings installed.
Crankshaft End Play 0.0027 -0.0118 in (0.070-0.302 mm).
With the crankshaft mounted on the front and rear crankshaft bearings, check the middle crankshaft journal for permissible out-of-round (runout). Main Journal Diameter (All) 2.2824-2.2832 in (57.974-57.995 mm.) Limit 0.0001 in (0.003 mm.).
- Inspect all of the crankshaft bearing clearances using a commercially available plastic gauging (ductile plastic threads).
Cut the plastic gauging threads to the length of the bearing width. Lay them axially between the crankshaft journals and the crankshaft bearings.
- Install the crankshaft bearing caps and the bolts.
- Tighten the crankshaft bearing cap bolts to 37ft. lbs. (50 Nm) plus 45°and 15°.
- Remove the crankshaft bearing cap bolts and the caps.
- Measure the width of the flattened plastic thread of the plastic gauging using a ruler. (Plastic gauging is available for different tolerance ranges.)
- Inspect the bearing clearance for permissible tolerance ranges.
Main Bearing clearances (All) 0.00059-0.00157 in. (0.015-0.040 mm)
- Apply a bead of adhesive sealing compound to the grooves of the crankshaft bearing caps.
- Install the crankshaft bearing caps to the engine block.
- Tighten the crankshaft bearing caps using new bolts.
Tighten the crankshaft bearing cap bolts to 37ft. lbs. (50 Nm) using a torque wrench.
NOTEUse the angular torque gauge KM-470-B to tighten the crankshaft bearings another 45° and 15°.