- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system into a suitable container and tighten the drain plug.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Install or connect the following:
New ring seal to the water pump
Coat the sealing surface of the ring seal with Lubriplate®.
Water pump to engine block with flange aligned with recess of the rear timing belt cover
- Refill the engine cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and top off the coolant as necessary.
- Check the cooling system for leaks.