REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the strut assembly from the vehicle.
- Place the strut in a vice and install a suitable spring compressor onto the coil spring. Follow the spring compressor manufacturer's instructions.
- Compress the spring, then using a 14mm boxed end wrench, remove the self-locking nut from the top of the strut using a 5mm hex key to hold the strut dampening rod. Remove the upper strut mount, then remove the coil spring.
See Figures 1 and 2
Use new self-locking nuts when assembling and installing the struts.
- Install the spring compressor onto the coil spring. Set the spring onto the strut cartridge. The flat part of the coil spring is its top.
Assemble the strut mount and its washer onto the strut. Tighten the self-locking nut, as follows:
CRV models and 4-cylinder Odyssey models: 22 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
- Remove the spring compressor.
- Install the strut into the vehicle.