The V6 Odyssey models do not have an upper ball joint.
The ball joint is part of the upper control arm. If the ball joint has failed the control arm assembly must be replaced.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Place a suitable jack under the lower control arm and lift the arm upward 2 inches (50mm).
- Carefully grasp the upper and lower portion of the front tires and attempt to rock back and forth.
If looseness is felt at the upper portion of the tire:
- Remove the tire/wheel assembly and inspect the upper control arm bushings using a suitable prytool to check for looseness. If looseness is felt, replace the upper control arm.
- Using a suitable prytool pry between the steering knuckle and the upper control arm. If looseness is present, replace the control arm assembly.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The upper ball joints cannot be replaced separately. If the ball joints become worn or damaged, the upper control arm must be replaced.