Removal & Installation
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Clean the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) to Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV) area of any accumulated dirt and foreign material.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the EBCM.
- Remove the 4 EBCM-to-BPMV retaining bolts.
- Separate the EBCM from the BPMV by carefully pulling apart.
- Ensure the motor pin connector gets removed with the EBCM. A new motor pin connector comes with the replacement EBCM and should be replaced during service of the EBCM.
- Clean the sealing surface of the BPMV with denatured alcohol and a clean shop cloth.
- Use care when aligning the EBCM to the BPMV electrical terminals. Install the EBCM to the BPMV.
- Install the 4 EBCM-to-BPMV retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts in a criss-cross pattern to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector to the EBCM.