Place the clutch pressure plate, flat surface down, on a press.
- Compress the pressure plate diaphragm spring fingers until tension is released from the stepped adjusting ring.
- Hold 2 screwdrivers, or other suitable tools, and place them against 2 of the 3 stepped adjusting ring tension spring stops (1), just ahead of the adjusting ring tension springs.
Using the screwdrivers, rotate the stepped adjusting ring counterclockwise, compressing the tension springs, until the adjusting ring steps are fully adjusted out, then continue to hold in position.
- Release the press pressure from the pressure plate diaphragm spring fingers.
- Release the adjusting ring tension spring stops.
- Remove the pressure plate from the press.