Removal & Installation
2.4L, 3.5L, 3.6L & 3.9L Engines
- Remove the transmission.
- Secure the flywheel with holding tool in order to prevent the crankshaft from rotating.
- Remove the flywheel bolts and the flywheel.
- Install the flywheel and tighten the new bolts to 39 ft. lbs. (53 Nm) plus an additional 25 degrees on 2.4L engines, or 52 ft. lbs. (71 Nm) on 3.5L and 3.9L.
- For 3.6L engines, tighten the new engine flywheel bolts to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm). Then tighten the new engine flywheel bolts an additional 45 degrees using a angle meter.
- Install the transmission.