Diagnosis & Testing
- Place the sunroof switch in the number 4 (full open) position.
Test the sunroof switch for continuity between the following pins:
Pins 4 and 1
- There should be continuity between pin 4 and each one of the other three pins.
- If continuity is as stated, inspect for poor connections at the harness connector of the sunroof motor.
- If connections are okay suspect faulty sunroof motor.
When performing service on or near the SIR components or the SIR wiring, the SIR system must be disabled. Failure to observe the correct procedure could cause deployment of the SIR components. Serious injury can occur. Failure to observe the correct procedure could also result in unnecessary SIR system repairs.
If a vehicle is equipped with a head curtain inflator module ensure that the inflator module and tether are undamaged. If tether or curtain airbag are damaged in any way, they must be replaced.
- Disable the roof rail SIR system, if equipped.
- Partially remove and lower the headliner.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the sunshade motor right rear.
- Remove the screws from the sunshade motor.
- Pulling straight down to disengage the drive gear from the cables.
- Remove the sunshade motor from the sunroof module.
- Position the sunshade motor to the sunroof module to the roof.
- Push the sunroof motor straight upward to engage the drive gear between the cables.
- Install the sunroof motor screws and tighten to 35 inch. lbs. (4 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector to the sunshade motor right rear.
- Raise and install the headliner.
Initialize/teach the sunroof motor (W/RPO C3Y):
- Place the ignition switch to the ON position
- Press and hold the sunshade switch to the CLOSE position.
- With the sunshade switch held to the CLOSE position, turn the rotary sunroof switch to the full OPEN position, and then to the full CLOSE position. Wait until both the sunshade and glass close and remain closed for approximately 2 seconds. Both the sunshade and the glass will stall at the full closed position.
- Release the sunshade switch.
- Within 6 seconds, press the sunshade switch to the CLOSE position 2 more times and then hold it in the CLOSE position. The glass and the sunshade will travel to the full open position and then stall for approximately 1 second before returning to the full closed position. Continue to hold the sunshade switch to the CLOSE position for approximately 2 seconds to complete the procedure.
Initialize/teach the sunroof motor (W/RPO CF5):
- Place the ignition switch to the ON position.
- Press and hold the sunroof switch to the OPEN position until the glass panel stalls at the rear hard stop in the fully open position, and then moves back to the soft stop position.
- Release the sunroof switch.
- Within 6 seconds, press and hold the switch button again to the OPEN position. After 3 more seconds, the sunroof window will move toward the CLOSE position. Continue holding the switch until the sunroof window stops at the closed position.
- Release the sunroof switch.
- Verify sunroof operation.
- Remove the overhead console cover
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the sunroof control switch.
- Using a small flat-bladed tool disengage the sunroof control switch from the overhead console cover.
- Install the sunroof control switch into the overhead console cover. Press the switch into place until fully seated.
- Connect the electrical connector to the sunroof control switch.
- Install the overhead console cover.