Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove the brake caliper and rotor.
- Remove the wheel hub/ bearing assembly.
- Remove the outer tie rod-to-knuckle nut.
- Separate the tie rod from the steering knuckle.
- Remove the lower control arm.
- Remove the strut-to-steering knuckle nuts and bolts.
- Remove the steering knuckle.
- Install the steering knuckle to the strut assembly and the ABS harness bracket. Tighten the bolts and nuts to 89 ft. lbs. (120 Nm).
- Guide the axle through the steering knuckle.
- Install the lower control arm.
- Install the outer tie rod to the steering knuckle and tighten the nut to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm), plus an additional 180 degrees.
- Verify the torque is 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Install the wheel bearing, brake rotor, brake caliper and front wheels.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Road test the vehicle in order to verify alignment.