Removal & Installation
- Remove the park brake bezel and the park brake lever boot.
- Remove the front floor console.
- Ensure that the park brake lever is in the fully released position.
- Remove the console support bracket.
- Remove the shift assembly
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the park brake warning lamp switch.
Remove the 4 park brake lever retaining nuts.
- Remove the right rear cable and the left rear cable from the park brake lever equalizer.
- Remove the park brake lever assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the park brake lever assembly to the vehicle. Do not tighten the 4 retaining nuts.
- Install the right rear cable and the left rear cable to the park brake lever equalizer.
- Install the 4 park brake lever assembly retaining nuts.
- Tighten the front 2 nuts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Tighten the rear 2 nuts to 89 inch. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the shift assembly
- Connect the electrical connector (1) to the park brake warning lamp switch.
- Install the console support bracket.
- Install the front floor console.
- Fully apply and release the park brake lever 3-5 times.