Removal & Installation
- heck to be sure that the park brake is released.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the brake caliper mounting bracket and caliper as an assembly from the suspension knuckle and support the assembly with heavy mechanic's wire, or equivalent. Ensure that there is no tension on the hydraulic brake flexible hose.
- Matchmark the position of the brake rotor to the wheel studs.
- Remove the brake rotor. Do not force the rotor off. If the rotor is difficult to remove, ease it off by gently rotating it as you pull outward.
- Thoroughly clean any rust or corrosion from the mating surface of the hub/axle flange.
- Thoroughly clean any rust or corrosion from the mating surface and mounting surface of the brake rotor.
- Inspect the mating surfaces of the hub/axle flange and the rotor to ensure that there are no foreign particles or debris remaining.
- Install the brake rotor to the hub/axle flange. Use the matchmark made prior to removal for proper orientation to the flange.
- Install the brake caliper mounting bracket an caliper as an assembly to the suspension knuckle.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.
- If the brake rotor was refinished or replaced, or if new brake pads were installed, burnish the pads and rotors.