Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheel.
- Using a suitable jack stand, raise the rear knuckle to release the spring tension.
- Remove the lower shock bolt.
- Remove the upper shock nuts and remove the shock absorber.
- Install the shock in the vehicle.
- Install the shock absorber-to-body bolts and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the shock absorber-to-knuckle bolt and tighten to 133 ft. lbs. (180 Nm).
- Remove the jack stand from the rear knuckle.
- Install the tire and wheel.
- Lower the vehicle.
Testing & Inspection
- Test drive vehicle.
- Inspect each shock absorber for external fluid leakage.
- Use your hands in order to lift up and push down each corner of the vehicle 3 times.
- Remove your hands from the vehicle.
- Replace any shock that exceeds more than two bounces.