Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear tire and wheel assemblies
- Remove the muffler.
- Remove the rear axle tie rod bracket braces. Convertible Models
- Remove the knuckles.
- If the vehicle is equipped with ABS, disconnect the ABS wiring harness from the clips on the support assembly and upper control arms.
Position a suitable jack stand under the support assembly.
NOTEWhen replacing complete module assembly, mark fastener location of axle bracket (LH/RH) to body rail.
Remove the support assembly to body bolts.
NOTEMark location of support assembly to body rails with a dab of paint.
With the aid of an assistant, remove the support assembly from the vehicle.
CAUTIONIf a transfer of components is necessary, it is recommended that the fasteners be loosely installed, then all the suspension component fasteners be torqued after the support is in the vehicle and all the suspension components installed.
If a new rear support is being installed, a transfer of components is necessary:
NOTEPosition the support assembly to the body rails by location of paint marks during removal.
Upper control arms
- With the aid of an assistant, raise and position the support assembly to the vehicle.
- Install the support assembly to body bolts. Tighten the bolts to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm) plus 30 degrees.
- Remove the jack stand from under the vehicle.
- If the vehicle is equipped with ABS, route the ABS wiring harness, connect it to the clips on the support assembly and upp