Removal & Installation
3.5L & 3.9L Engines
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Install or connect the following:
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise the vehicle.
- Remove the front catalytic convertor.
- Remove the knock sensor Bank 2.
- Remove the starter solenoid BAT terminal nut.
- Disconnect the engine harness electrical connector.
Disconnect the starter motor bolts and starter.
- Position the starter motor in the engine block.
- Install the mounting bolts and tighten to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Connect the engine harness electrical connector to the starter.
- Install the starter solenoid BAT terminal nut and tighten to 115 inch. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Install knock sensor and tighten to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Install the catalytic converter to right catalytic converter and tighten nuts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the front catalytic converter to exhaust manifold nuts tighten to 33ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Testing & Troubleshooting
Inspect the following items for slow cranking condition:
Perform the Battery Inspection/Test.