See Figures 1 and 2
See Figure 3
When the term Electronic Control Module (ECM) is used in this guide it will refer to the engine control computer regardless that it may be a Vehicle Control Module (VCM), Powertrain Control Module (PCM) or Engine Control Module (ECM).
The ECM is a reliable solid state computer, protected in a metal box. It is used to monitor and control all the functions of the Computer Command Control (CCC) system and is located in the passenger side footwell at the kick panel. The ECM can perform several on-car functions at the same time and has the ability to diagnose itself as well as other CCC system circuits.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disengage the connectors from the ECM.
- Remove the ECM mounting hardware.
- Remove the ECM from the passenger compartment.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.