The battery is mounted in front, left side of the engine compartment. It is a non-tamperable type with side mounted terminals.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal, then the positive battery terminal.
- Remove the battery hold-down retainer.
- Remove the battery from the vehicle.
- Inspect the battery, the cables and the battery carrier for damage.
- Clean any rust or corrosion from the terminals, tray or body with baking soda and water. Remove the rust and repaint with a rust preventative paint.
- Place the battery in the tray using a battery carrying strap. Torque the battery retainer to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm) and the top bar to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm).
No adjustments are necessary or possible. If the battery is determined to be defective (other than charging), replace it and return the old battery to a recycling center.