The voltage regulators are sealed units mounted within the alternator body and are are nonadjustable.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
This procedure is to be performed with the alternator removed from the vehicle. The new alternators, 1986 and later models, are non-serviceable.
- Mark scribe lines on the end-frames to make the reassembly easier.
- Remove the 4 through-bolts and separate the drive end-frame assembly from the rectifier end-frame assembly.
- Remove the 3 diode trio attaching nuts and the 3 regulator attaching screws.
- Remove the diode trio and the regulator from the end frame.
Before installing the regulator, push the brushes into the brush holder and install a brush retainer or a tooth pick to hold the brushes in place.
- To install the regulator, reverse the removal procedures. After the alternator is assembled, remove the brush retainer.
The voltage regulator is electronic and is housed within the alternator. Adjustment of the regulator is not possible. Should replacement of the regulator become necessary, the alternator must be disassembled.