REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the instrument panel harness and vacuum lines.
- Turn the retainer counter clockwise to unseal the valve and remove the valve.
- Turn the retainer clockwise to seat.
- Install the release valve until it seats on the retainer with the brake pedal in the depressed position.
Note that audible clicks can be heard as the threaded portion of the valve is pushed through the retainer toward the brake pedal.
- Release Valve Adjustment: fully depress the brake pedal with the engine NOT running.
- Push the vacuum hose side of the valve toward the bracket until the valve bottoms on the retainer.
- Pull the brake pedal firmly rearward against the pedal stop until no clicking sound can be heard.
- Release the brake and repeat step C.
- Connect the vacuum and electrical connectors.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check operation.