REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
This procedure requires Tool Set J37088-A or an equivalent aftermarket fuel line quick-connect separator.
- Grasp both sides of the fitting. Twist the female connector 1 / 4 turn in each direction to loosen any dirt within the fittings. Using compressed air, blow out the dirt from the quick-connect fittings at the end of the fittings.
- For plastic (hand releasable) fittings, squeeze the plastic retainer release tabs, then pull the connection apart.
- For metal fittings, choose the correct tool from kit J37088-A or its equivalent for the size of the fitting to be disconnected. Insert the proper tool into the female connector, then push inward to release the locking tabs. Pull the connection apart.
- If it is necessary to remove rust or burrs from the male tube end of a quick-connect fitting, use emery cloth in a radial motion with the tube end to prevent damage to the O-ring sealing surfaces. Using a clean shop towel, wipe off the male tube ends. Inspect all connectors for dirt and burrs. Clean and/or replace if required.
- Apply a few drops of clean engine oil to the male tube end of the fitting.
- Push the connectors together to cause the retaining tabs/fingers to snap into place.
- Once installed, pull on both ends of each connection to make sure they are secure and check for leaks.