REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- The water control valve is located at the heater core inlet and outlet pipes. The valve is used to shut off hot water flow to the heater core during air conditioning operation.
- Allow the engine to cool down. Drain the engine coolant into a suitable container.
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by the ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Remove the hose clamps and hoses from the valve and remove the valve from the heater core pipes.
Cut the hoses off of the heater core if they will not remove easily. Damage to the heater core may result if the hoses are forced away from the heater core.
- Install the valve with new hoses and tighten the clamps.
- Refill the engine with clean coolant.
- Start the engine and check for proper operation.