Special tool J-9886-01 or an equivalent door handle clip remover, is required to perform the following procedure.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10
- Remove the retaining screws and remove the armrest. Once the screws are removed on most models, the armrest can be removed by sliding towards the rear. On other models, the armrest should be CAREFULLY pried free.
- Unless equipped with power windows, remove the window regulator handle using tool J-9886-01 or equivalent. If necessary, remove the window regulator handle bezel.
- Remove the door handle trim cover by carefully prying it from the clips using J-9886-01 or equivalent. On models equipped with power locks and windows, pull the cover away from the door carefully, then disengage the wiring.
- Remove any door trim panel retaining screws.
There is usually at least one door trim panel retaining screw, located behind the armrest pad.
- CAREFULLY pry the door trim panel plastic fasteners free using a trim panel removal tool. The door handle clip remover can also usually be used for this.
- Remove the trim panel from the door.
- Position the door trim panel to the door. On most models you will have to place the window seal portion of the panel OVER the door frame.
- Carefully snap the trim panel retainers into place.
- Install the trim panel retaining screw(s).
- Position and install the door handle trim cover. On models equipped with power locks and windows, engage the necessary wiring to the switches before snapping the cover in place.
- Unless equipped with power windows, install the window regulator bezel and handle.
- Install the armrest pad.