REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the power window regulator as described above.
Step 2 MUST be performed if the regulator motor is to be removed from the regulator. The regulator lift arms are under pressure from the counterbalance spring and can cause serious injury if the motor is removed without locking the sector gear in position.
- Install a pan head sheet metal tapping screw through the sector gear and the backing plate at the hole provided to lock the sector gear into position. Then drill out the motor to regulator attaching rivets.
- Remove the motor from the regulator.
- Lubricate the motor drive gear and the regulator sector teeth. Install the motor to the regulator and check the mesh of the motor to the regulator.
- Install rivets to the motor and the regulator.
- Remove the sheet metal tapping screw.
- Install the power window regulator.