REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable for safety.
- Raise and support the rear of the vehicle safely using jackstands. The rear of the vehicle should be raised high enough to prevent fluid loss from the rear of the transmission housing once the seal is removed.
- Matchmark and remove the driveshaft as outlined in this section.
- Using a suitable prybar or better yet, a seal removal tool (these are usually inexpensive and make the job much easier), pry the rear seal out of the extension housing.
- Coat the outside of the seal with silicone sealer and the lip of the seal with chassis grease.
- Install the new seal with a suitable driver or seal installer.
- Align and install the driveshaft.
- Remove the jackstands and carefully lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.