REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the rear of the vehicle on jackstands.
- Remove the wheel and tire assemblies.
- Pull the brake drum off. It may by necessary to gently tap the rear edges of the drum to start it off the studs.
- If extreme resistance to removal is encountered, it will be necessary to retract the adjusting screw. Remove the access hole cover from the backing plate and turn the adjuster to retract the linings away from the drum.
- Install a replacement hole cover before reinstalling the drum.
- Install the drums in the same position on the hub as removed.
The rear wheel bearings are not adjustable, they are serviced by replacement ONLY.
- Check the drums for any cracks, scores, grooves or an out-of-round condition; if it is cracked, replace it. Slight scores can be removed with fine emery cloth while extensive scoring requires turning the drum on a lathe.
- Never have a drum turned more than 0.060 in. (1.5mm).