REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the brake shoe assembly from the backing plate.
- Clean away all of the dirt, crud and foreign material from around the wheel cylinder. It is important that dirt be kept away from the brake line when the cylinder is disconnected.
- Disconnect and plug the inlet tube at the wheel cylinder.
- Remove the wheel cylinder-to-backing plate bolts and the wheel cylinder from the backing plate.
If the wheel cylinder is sticking, use a hammer and a punch to drive the wheel cylinder from the backing plate.To install:
- Install the wheel cylinder and bolts. Torque the wheel cylinder-to-backing plate bolts to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- Install the rear brake shoes and hardware as outlined earlier in this Section.
- Bleed the rear brake system. Adjust the rear brake assembly.